Today the task is to write a gratitude list. This is something I really should do more often as I find them beneficial as they always make me feel positive.
- My daughter – she is inspiring as she is always happy, cheerful and plays so nicely. It is hard to be grumpy when she is around.
- My partner – he puts up with all my flaws and loves me for the person I am. I find it hard to be my genuine self around people in real life but he is the exception. We have so much fun when we are together and he is my rock in times of need.
- Friends – I don’t have a huge amount but the ones I do have understand me.
- My house – no I don’t own it, I’m still in rental but it is my safe place.
- My garden – my last house didn’t have a garden and I missed it so much, now I have one I am very grateful for it.
- Hot running water – baths and showers always make me feel better and I appreciate having it on tap.
- Money – I’m not rich, I struggle financially a lot but I do not have to constantly worry.
- Food – again I am lucky to live somewhere that has access to a variety of food
- Freedom to choose – I am fortunate to live in a country that is free and we have a great deal of choice
- Safety – I do not have to live somewhere that bombs fall regularly
- Access to the countryside – I am lucky to have a coastal walk right on my doorstep so can be in trees and near the sea in a matter of minutes.
- The internet – when it went down earlier in the week I was lost. It made me realise how much I appreciate it.
- This blog – honestly this blog and anyone who reads it has changed my life for the better. I have a place to be open and myself and people to interact with. Thank you to each and every one of you who reads 🙂
PS – tomorrow is the big challenge – no computer before 2pm eek