I am doing some more work this morning using the life coaching book. I am on chapter 3 which is all about knowing your own mind and establishing what drives you as a person.
- If you could have anything in life, what would you have? – I would like to be mentally strong and be in a position to hold down a job.
- If you were living your ideal life, what would you be doing every day? – I would be waking up full of energy, eating a healthy breakfast, meditating in the mornings, going to work, coming home to good food and doing something fun in the evenings.
- If you were living your ideal life, what would you be doing every week? I would have friends to socialise with and would be getting out of the house at least once a week to do something fun with other people.
- If you were living your ideal life, what would you be doing every month? I would be visiting family that don’t live close by.
- If you were living your ideal life, what would you be doing every year? I would be travelling and going on holiday.
- What does success mean to you? What would your greatest success in life? I would raise a happy, healthy child. Success for me is measured in those around me and the qualities of the relationships I have with other people.
- What single thing would make you truly happy? An end to this illness I have, feeling like I can live each day to the max.
- If you were to live your life again, knowing what you know now, what would you do differently? I would not drive people away who are positive influences on my life, I would have made more effort to make and keep friends so that I don’t feel as lonely now.
Doing this has made me realise how important other people are in my life. I have acted really badly towards people in the past and have driven away people who were kind, loving and beneficial to my life. I have done some terrible things to good people because of my illness and I suffer now as a result. It has made me think about how I start trying to build new friendships with people and how I will act towards people in the future.
My mission statement
I will truly value the role of other people in my life. I will do all that I can to try and build new friendships and relationships. Things I can do to try and implement this are: join meetup groups, consider some local volunteering, get back into work and form friendships there, don’t take the relationship I have now for granted, connect with online people through social media and blogging, try to rebuild relationships with my family and old friends.